Thursday, October 30, 2008

Canadians and trucks

Last night a certain Canadian friend of mine (who will remain nameless to protect his anonymity) called and asked if I was available to help him move a refrigerator. I did not have the time and told him, but said that he could borrow my truck if he could figure out a way to get the fridge from the person and then get it up the stairs to his rental condo. He was happy with that outcome and came over. I showed him all the great features my truck has to offer.

1. Dome light doesn't work. Well it does, but it works too well. It stays on and continually stays on, so as a result I took out the fuse. Long story short no dome light.

2. No venting in cold outside air. The A/C works if it is in the non outside air setting. If you want to allow outside air in, it blows hot air. But if you want the nice 70 degree air to come instead of having to have the window open.

3. The driver's side door lock doesn't work, so you have to unlock the passenger door and reach across and unlock the drivers side door, then go around and get in.

4. After you have been in the truck for 20 minutes and driving around you may hear the dings and bells that sound when you start your engine.

5. The spare tire that is in the extended cab that may hit you in the back while you drive as it is no longer under the truck. She-Who-SHall-Not-Be-Named once had a flat tire on the side of the freeway and the AAA guy changed the tire and left the rod that holds up my spare tire on the side of the freeway. So now my options are: leave it in the cab and allow it to roll around or put it in the bed of the truck and let it get stolen (which has happened).

6. The obvious lack of a stereo.

7. The tailgate latch broke on the inside, so I had to take off the panel on the inside of the bed and you have to manually move the metal rods on either side to unlatch either side.

8. If you are thinking my truck is a piece of crap at this point, just wait, there is more.

9. The truck randomly stalls and you have to just pop it into neutral and turn the engine over again. It only happens at stop signs/traffic lights and not while driving.

So after the quick rundown of things to be aware of he left. Later he called me and asked what kind of mood I was in and I told him to get to the point (as many of you possibly are thinking now). As he was backing out of my parking spot he hit the second poll of the carport. Awesome, now I have a number ten for my list. Photos below.






6 comments:

Emily said...

Ouch, bad luck! At this point, it just adds more character, eh?

Mr Lowe said...

Character and rust...I dont want rust. I wouldnt mind the character if it came alone. I think we can pound it out then have to get it painted.

Mr Lowe said...

That way we can have a nicely painted front right fender and a crappy flaking clear coat everything else. Awesome.

Boden Family said...

David that sucks. On the bright side (at least for me) I now know of a car that is in worse shape than mine.

Liz said...

Makes me appreciate my truck and even the mini van! Note, don't let friends borrow your cars, I speak from experience!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

That really stinks!