Thursday, October 30, 2008

All Hallows Eve

So, tonight was our ward's Halloween party. So, instead of doing the traditional trunk-or-treat we had it inside. We had a chili cook-off (more on that later), carnival games, carmel apples, a cookie decorating station and the class rooms were decorated and candy was given out there.

Jenafer and I won the Best overall on the chili...and the prize??? A wooden spoon. Very exciting, now we can say it is indeed award winning chili. A recipe, I might add that we got from Jen's mom, who created it. So the congratulations should go to her. Go Kath!


David was a Rock Star and Jena was his groupie, and if you ask me, we looked hot. And yes I, David had on make up and black nail polish...Jen was my make-up and hair artist. But, I put on the nail polish all by myself!




This is Warren, about the cutest little kangaroo in the world...if only you could see his tail and the way he hopped.


And our favorite...other than ourselves, of course....

6 comments:

Jamie said...

love the 'guyliner" dave and the fingernails. Jena, You look great. very creative. You are blonder Jena? I thought I noticed that in the post about your trip to the wedding. cute.
love this new frequent posting trend. keep it up!

Mr Lowe said...

Yes Jamie, much blonder. You'll see next weekend. I like it, that way people at work don't assume I speak Spanish. They seem to go slower with a blonde weda. :)

Emily said...

Cool costumes guys! You look great!

So, will your next post be the award-winning chili recipe?

& what's next weekend?

Dave said...

I enjoyed winning the chili contest in Buena Park, CA but I felt bad when I moved to Texas and one again! I will have to find out what you put in your chili!

Jenafer Lowe said...

We use Mom's recipie, it is in the cookbook she gave to all the girls a few years ago. The only difference is that the recipie says to use kidney beans, we used chili beans. We also use ground turkey. It is wonderful, everyone was raving!

Jordan and Nikki Brown said...

You two are much cooler than us - way to go on dressing up!