Sunday, March 1, 2009

The one where David slept in

So Saturday morning comes and Jenafer wakes me up with a nice "Good morning" and a kiss and told me to not worry about getting up, that I could sleep in for awhile. What a good wife she is. So she decides to take the dogs for a walk and feed them, so I wouldn't have to do it. So at 6:45 she takes the hounds out and walked them around the complex. 

She got up near the swimming pool she ran into a dog, no leash, no owner. Luke, our little Beagle made as if to play with it and it took it as a personal attack and began to attack our dogs. Jen was screaming at the dog to stop and listened to the advice I had given her so long ago, to not get physically involved if there is a dog fight, so to not hurt herself in the process. The dog had Luke down by his throat, so Jen took Bo's collar off so he could or would run home, which he dd not, he just stood there barking at his brother's attacker. Finally 2 guys showed up with sticks and started to beat the dog and yell at it, but he was relentlessly on Luke's neck until our hero showed up...wearing tighty whities and a blanket wrapped around himself. Serious. He did NOT however look like this...(Jen chose this picture, not me)


He was wearing tighty-whities and had a blanket wrapped around himself. Jen knew he had the said underwear on , so I'm guessing he forgot his snuggy and grabbed what he could quickly. He started in on the dog as well and with the lob of a very large rock the stray ran away. 

Before help arrived in the form of a caped crusader, the flexi leashes got wrapped around Jen's legs and arm and she fell to the ground and wound up with this nasty injury.

 

8 comments:

Christy said...

So sorry to hear this happened dog fights can be so scarey!!!! You feel so helpless. Quick thinking to let Bo go, if only he would of gone home. I hate the flexi leads because of the tangling with 2 dogs, yet I love them for the flixibility. (ha ha)

Mom and Dad said...

Soooooooooooooo sorry this h appened. Looks like you've got a dandy tattoo! OUCH!!! Glad the boys are ok. Mom

Jenafer Lowe said...

I had more than one student ask me this question, "Miss, did you get a tattoo over the weekend?" If I were to get a tattoo, this is not where I would get it! One student even had the audacity to ask me if my dogs were killed by the pit bull!?! Why would you ask someone that? It boggles the mind!

Emily said...

You just need to add a few roses & some barbed wire!

Jamie said...

ooohhh... the barbed wire would be a good look i think. tough, as if it were saying "if you are a nasty pitbull you had better stay FAR away because I have friends...in undies.... who know how to throw rocks!"

sorry about your arm. It looks like it hurts.

I can't imagine being in that position. Dogs scare me. especially big mean ones that want to hurt someone.

How is Luke? I'm assuming he's mostly okay other than a bit traumatized. Did he have to get any stitches?

Mr Lowe said...

I guess I forgot to mention, Luke is fine surprisingly. No open wounds like last time and no soreness like last time.

Andrea J. Bacigalupo said...

SCARY!!!! Glad you are okay.

lynda said...

Sssssccccccaaaaaarrrrryyyyyy...but...what a rescue!! I'm glad all is well now. Did my pampered chef thing come in yet? Will you guys be down any time soon? Las Vegas has scary dogs....you'd better come home! :)